How does the system handle feedback and reviews + How to unsubscribe a contact
As of the summer of 2019, the logic of the AI system has updated to comply with Google's gating regulations. This simply means Google doesn't want you to prevent your customers from leaving a review if they had a bad experience. Google wants end users to rate businesses if they had a great experience or poor one and isn't allowing technology to limit this.
How does the system work?
Once a contact is uploaded to the platform they the first bucket they are dropped into is the feedback bucket. This means an email will be sent out to them requesting feedback.
- Emails will be worded differently depending on the rating given in the first feedback email. For example, if they give 3 stars or less the 1st thing in the email will be, did we resolve your issue? Please leave feedback again. In this email, the option to leave Google review is below.
- 4 or 5-star ratings are then sent out an email requesting a review.
- Keep in mind that some negative reviews will humanize your brand, 100% 5 stars looks fake.
As the system continues to receive insight based on the users' interactions they will begin to be added into these different lifecycles:
- Prospective Customers: Contacts who clicked your offer’s call-to-action
- Active Customers: Contacts who have given positive feedback, written a positive review, or transacted
- Inactive Customers: Contacts who stopped interacting with campaigns for the last 3 months
- Unknown Contacts: Contacts who have not yet interacted with any campaigns
- Unhappy Customers: Contacts who gave negative or neutral feedback
What does this mean for you?
This means you'll want to be regulating your feedback. You'll want to address any concerns or negative feedback by receive in a timely manner.
How to unsubscribe a contact
Google is aware of the ability to unsubscribe a customer and approve.
And you can also choose to unsubscribe the contact. This can be done directly from the email notifications for convenience.
- From the negative feedback notification, click the 'unsubscribe' link.
- From the weekly digest notification, click on the customer's name.
- You can also unsubscribe a contact directly from the dashboard. Check out this article for instructions.